Workshop Program 2010
QUESTnet Leadership Development Program - to be held over the period 5 Oct 2009 - 7 May 2010
- This was hosted by QUT at Gardens Point campus in Brisbane (Contact - Sarah Powell)
End-to-End Network Performance Tuning
- This was held at QUESTnet 2010 Conference 6 July. Organised by Griffith University and AARNet
Desktop & Laptop Fleet Management
- Proposed as a sharing of best practice methods and tools for managing software and hardware associated with laptop and desktop computers during their lifecycle
- This was held at QUESTnet 2010 Conference 6 July. Organised by QUT.
F5 BIG-IP Load Balancer Essential and Advanced Training
- Arranged through F5 and Red Education for 24-25 May Essentials; 26-27 May Advanced
- Training held at Nathan Campus, Griffith University;
Data Centre Networking Infrastructure-2 (DCNI-2) v3.0 Training
- Arranged through Dimension Data, Brisbane
- Held on 22-26 March
- Presented by Dr Richard Broome, Thinking Skills Training, 3-5 November
- Held at the Kathleen Room, The University of Qld Club, St Lucia
Blackboard Systems Administrator Training
- Held at UQ in the week of 6 December
- Duration of 2 days
1. Network Security Workshop
- AusCERT or alternative provider to be approached to develop and deliver this workshop.
2. MS Windows 7 workshop
- work with Microsoft to deliver a workshop for preparing organisations to deploy Windows 7 for their users
3. Wiki (Confluence)training
- workshop to develop skills with managing content and using/collaborating in a Confluence wiki environment.
4. Internet Accounting & Traffic Management Workshop
- proposed by Rob Ewin as a followup of the very successful 2008 workshop of same name.
- Given the developments with the AARNet charging model (75% traffic now part of fixed charges), it is quite appropriate to run this workshop and see what members and others are now doing. There may be significant changes with accounting; some may elect to ignore now.