Speakers are encouraged from University, Research, Health, Government, Defence and Industry sectors.
The theme for the 2004 QUESTnet conference will be 'Networking - far and wide' and will include:
- Managing gigabit networks, applications and services
- Rural, regional, metropolitan and international reticulation
- The impact of eResearch and eHealth
- Charging models and managing user demand
- Networking in general. This is a catchall topic. Do you have something of interest to report to the target audience that doesn't fit the topics above? This could be an interesting case study, new technology or research in the field of telecommunications. Whatever it is, we would like to hear about it.
As an incentive to new presenters, the Organising Committee is looking to sponsor papers from QUESTnet member organisations. Sponsorship will be limited and to qualify, the presenter will not have delivered a paper at any previous QUESTnet conference. Sponsorship will provide a contribution towards accommodation and registration. Papers submitted by candidates for sponsorship, will be reviewed for suitability alongside all other papers. Authors of papers who wish to apply for sponsorship should clearly state this in a covering note, along with a statement of their eligibility.
Format For Submission
Authors wishing to give a presentation must provide the following:
- Name and affiliation
- Contact email address
- A short biography of your qualifications and/or experience (100 words)
- Key terms or topic (taken from the list above)
- Description of presentation (between 250 and 500 words)
Authors should aim for presentations of 35 minutes duration, including question time. A formal paper is not required but we would expect to make the PowerPoint material available to delegates.
Submissions should be sent to the Program Committee Chair. See Contact Details below.
The deadline for normal paper submissions is 31st March 2004.
QUESTnet2004 Program Committee Chair
James Cook University